***

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm baaackk!

Why hello there long lost  blog world!  Okay, so, I don't know how often I'll be checking in so let's have that known from the beginning.  My computer is still a no go so I am borrowing my husband's! 

And I'm warning you now:  This will be a totally spastic and spotty post!

I know there's a lot that you guys have missed out on (as if our daily life is really THAT interesting)!  I have absolutely no idea if I will ever get back through everything in full detail but knowing me, I doubt it. 

Anyway, how was everyone's Christmas and New Year?  I hope you all enjoyed some much deserved time with family and friends!  I'll fill you in on mine with a few quick bullet points in no particular order:

*  My brother is engaged.
*  My brother and soon to be sister in law are expecting!
*  My wonderful nephew and Madelyn's partner in crime came to visit!
*  Jeremy's grandfather passed away from his battle with Cancer.  Yes, I will more than likely do a post.
*  Madelyn had her very first dance production and her class did exceptionally well!
*  We crafted our very first gingerbread house.
*  Tomorrow is our anniversary :)


I have to say, although I do LOVE Christmas, I was definately ready to pack it away and get things back to normal around here.  With everything that has been going on, Madelyn has had NO schedule and she, in turn, has been a complete and total *for lack of better word* turd!  It will most likely take me an entire month to get her back to MY child again!

I am so very happy to announce that I am still running!  The end of April will be one year and I enjoy it very much!  I did take a two week break over the holidays but I was very excited to learn last night that, although it was more difficult, I was still able to complete my typical run!  Yay :) Do you want to know what the most satisfying part of last night's run was?  That I could actually say with confidence that I am a runner and watch those around me who were absolutely beginning their New Year's resolution!  For once in my life, I was not one of those people!  I'm thinking very seriously about running in the IronGirl half maration on April 10th but I am SOOOOO very apprehensive about it. 
As of now, I've been idle at a 5k run since my race in October.  Not because I can't do more, just because I didn't have much of a reason to do more.  I wonder if I will have enough time to get from 3.1 miles to 13. something miles?!  Any suggestions?!

And since I hit on New Year's resolutions, mine is to quit talking about people so much.  I've gotten completely pulled in to this nasty habit when it comes to a certain few people (no, none of you).  It's really just an ugly habit that is wrong and I completely hate myself for lowering myself to this. It is not very Christian like and I have tried very hard lately to become a better Christian wife and mother.  So, I will NOT talk about these people.  I just won't do it.  I will simply smile and go on about my business.  Yep, I'm going to do this if it KILLS me!

Well, I think that's enough for tonight!  I'll do my best to get back into blogging as much as possible.  Hope you guys have a wonderful week! 

 

3 comments:

Lindsey B said...

My Bob will be in next week and I am starting C25K!

We should do the Disney Princess Half in 2012!

So sorry to hear about Jeremy's grandfather. Thinking about the family as everyone copes with this loss.

Heather said...

Yay! I've missed seeing your updates on the family! So sorry for your loss. Will be praying for you. Can't wait to hear more from you.

~Brit said...

Lindsey, as long as I'm able to do it, I'd definately be up for the Princes run!

Heather and Lindsey- Thank you both for your concerns about the family. Everyone is doing okay and although we will miss him very much, we all know that in this situation, it was certainly for the best.