***

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm gonna soak up the sun!

Have you felt the glorious warm weather yet?  We have! We have!  Last week was the beginning (hopefully) of our beautiful Florida days!  I absolutely, 100% LOVE feeling the warmth on my skin.  The problem is that Madelyn and I are never home during this time of year!  We are constantly going and the house gets let go.  I haven't cleaned in TWO weeks! Laundry was completely pushed to the side for an entire week.  I feel like such a terrible house wife but I just can't resist soaking up the sun.  So far, we've been to the park, window shopped a little, had lunch with friends, spent a day at a kid's play place, ridden bikes, and visited Disney.  Hmm..... Laundry and chores OR warm weather fun?! No competition there :) Luckily, I have a husband who understands.

Tomorrow is our first beach day of the year!!!!! To celebrate, Jeremy took off work to join us!  We always love beach days, but we LOVE beach days when Daddy gets to come too.  I'm so excited to feel the sand between my toes. If I lived on the beach, I'd never get anything done!  Seriously, this is the reason I love it here!  Yes, the winters have been cooky the past two years, but when these days roll around, I'm that much more thankful.  So, be prepared for many new beach pics in the very near future!

On a completely different subject, I hurt my knee and haven't run in three weeks.  I'm completely bummed and highly doubt I'll make my April half marathon but I certainly don't want to push my recovery and ruin my knee for good.  So, tomorrow will be my first run back and I pray that things will go as planned.  I'll be taking it easy for a while and slowly get back to where I was as long as my body cooperates.  I have to keep reminding myself that it's better to run and take it slow than to not run at all... 

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

I've missed you sweet Brit!!

Enjoy the weather! And, I think I am going to run the Food & Wine Half. We should do it together!

~Brit said...

Yeah, I've missed being around too! My computer is still down and I haven't gotten around to buying another so Jeremy's computer is my only blogging source as of now. I'm sure my posts will be minimal until I get mine back.

I'll definitely do the run with you as long as I'm able to! Sounds fun! Hope you guys are doing great and happy half bday to Kate :)