***

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My date....with Rob

Oh my gosh! Have I ever told you about my love for Matchbox 20?  I don't think so.  I do! I have loved them since, I don't know.... ninth grade or something. I remember riding around in my Mustang (when I was old enough to drive) with the top down, jamming out to Matchbox 20 like no one was watching (or like everyone was watching--who knows)!  

I was deeply saddened when Rob Thomas broke off on his own, even though they said it wasn't the end of Matchbox 20.  How would I ever go on in life?  haha.  Well, I LOVE Rob Thomas! I have come to learn that, although it's still not the same, Rob Thomas's voice is what MAKES the music.  His songs make me happy :) For that short minute and some odd seconds, I am in "my" place!  All my stress melts away and I chill.

You're wondering where I'm going with this right?  Well..... I got to see him Saturday night!!!! For a couple of hours, it was just me and Rob.  Not really, it was pretty much a family affair but that's okay too.  Universal has their summer concert series and usually has some good names.  We also saw Dierks Bently earlier this year.  We have passes to Universal, so that means free concert night for me! 

So, although we didn't get there until a little after he'd already started (which means no front row), I got to see Rob Thomas perform!  And might I say, it was pure BLISS!  He is just as good in person as he is on the radio :)  We even got a little closer to him toward the end.  Oh, and the best part!  He definately threw in some Matchbox 20 songs especially for me!  ( No, not really  just for me but, hey, a girl can dream can't she!) It was a great night!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to dress up for Rob.  We were at the water park all day.


My favorite FIVE year old nephew!


<3 <3 <3


Rob :)




Yep! I got CLOSE!




2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

The songs were jsut for you - keep telling yourself that - there is no shame in having those types of thoughts! Haha!

Glad y'all had so much fun!

~Brit said...

Yeah, Rob loves me too!! haha