***

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cuteness right out of the baby's mouth

I just LOVE some of the things Madelyn says and how she perceives the world around her.  She's always melting my heart or cracking me up. For example, everytime she sees a baby she stops what she is doing and says "Momma look!  aweeee."  She makes sure she over exagerates the look and the awe.  It is adorable and makes the people with the baby smile everytime.  Lately she's been super adorable and I thought I'd share a few of them.  Here goes:

* She knows that when we visit her Grammie and Papaw that means we are going to Mississippi.  The last visit, we went up to their camp which is on a ski lake and spent the weekend on the boat.  She now associates boats with seeing her grandparents.  So this is what she said. "Momma, I wanna go to Sippie Sippie ride Papaw's boat."

* So these next two are from yesterday while we were at Animal Kingdom.  When we first got there, we made sure to eat lunch.  I passed some grapes to Asher and said "Here you go doodle butt."  She then took the half eaten grape she was knawing on and when to hand it to him and said "Here you go big butt!" hahaha I died :)

* Again, yesterday.  We were on a safari ride looking at all the wild animals.  The driver pointed out some rhinos and one happened to be laying down on his side.  She says, "Momma! Awe! Him fell..."

* You all know I've been running.  Well, Madelyn goes with me and is very involved with my routine.  While we were in line to see the Little Mermaid, I looked down at Madelyn.  She was bent over touching her toes.  Can you believe that baby said she was marching (stretching) ?! Definately a proud moment of mine!  I'm so glad she is immitating something that is a very postive thing for her :)

* Lastly, still running related.  Madelyn knows which shoes are my running shoes and really likes to walk around in them.  She outgrew her tennis shoes this winter and the only other tennis shoe type shoes are keds and twinkle toes.  Neither are very good for her to run in while I walk to cool down (she's tripped and skinned her knees as a result).  I told her we needed to get her some new running shoes.  So, my mom actually bought her a pair of Nikes while we were there this weekend.  While we were waiting to be seated at dinner, Madelyn took off running around the front part of Outback.  I asked her to stop and come back and she replied to me with this: "Momma, I runnin'!  I got my runnin' shoes on!" 

Hope you enjoyed her funny little comments!  I know they give me a little giggle or a fuzzy little feeling inside :)

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

Too cute! I love the things kids come up with!

~Brit said...

Tell me about it!