***

Friday, July 16, 2010

BUGS!!!

  I don't really have a fear of all bugs, I just really don't care for spiders and roaches.  I mean, I do all I possibly can to avoid them at all costs.  The only time I will confront them is when Jeremy is not here to squish their icky guts out with his shoe. Ugh!  Anyway, after this week, I knew I needed to do a special little bug post.

  I was leaving a friend's house Tuesday night along with another friend of mine.  She and I were packing up the car and I was waiting for someone else too pull out of the driveway so that I could help.  I'm standing there, minding my own business, when a freakin roach comes RIGHT at me!  I couldn't go left (car), I couldn't go right (car), the only way to avoid the thing was to go UP! I jumped on top of my friend's cooler.  Yep.  Skirt and all!  I scared the crap out of my friend who then died with laughter when I told her what I screeched and jumped for.  Calling all over dramatic idiots... **Raises Hand**

Now, let me go back in time.

  Let me first say, my child isn't really afraid or bothered by anything.  She can tolerate just about anything except, you guessed it, bugs!  I first noticed this a few months back.  I can't recall the exact details but do remember this being odd because, again, she has no fear.  The point was proven right after her birthday when she was swimming in her pool and screamed bloody murder when she spotted one of those water bugs floating in her water.  Jeremy about flipped!  He had NO IDEA what was wrong with her and I just kinda shrugged it off and giggled. 

Current time.

  Today, takes the cake however.  I had just finished running her bath water and told her she could get in.  I stepped out to grab something in the kitchen and about had a heart attack when I heard her screaming in fear.  Of course, I thought she had turned the hot water on or something, so I RAN.  There she was, standing in our bathroom dripping wet.  She had climbed back out of the tub and was pointing at the wall of the tub.  There it was.  A grand daddy long leg looking thing but smaller  probably more scared of her than she was of him.  She was in hysterics saying "Bug! Bug!  Bug gonna get me!  Get it! Get it momma!"  (Remember how I try to avoid bugs....well ya kinda can't when it involves saving the day in front of your child.)  Ugh! Grab a paper cup, scoop it up, and fold the rim over just hoping that it wouldn't crawl out.  Sadly, I have to admit that I threw the cup into the air tight trash we have instead of opening the door and putting it outside.  Now, I have a trash can I can't even open until Jeremy gets home.  Smart.  When I return to the bathroom, she had already began to put her panties on and was looking at me with eyes of fear.  She said,  "I not get bath.  Bug gonna get me." What do you say to that? So, here I am, sitting next to a still very dirty little girl.  Hopefully this doesn't put some kind of hex on bathtime more than just today...

Ugh! Ick!

No comments: