***

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My top ten "buggers"

I recently stumbled upon a blog written by a high school teacher of mine.  I highly doubt she remembers me, but I, along with probably everyone else, adored her class. How often do you get to cook/eat in class almost every day and actually get graded on it? Anyway,  her blog is so well written and is so enjoyable to read that I thought I'd carry her most recent post over to my own.  Here's a link of the original post if you're interested.

Now, on to my own "buggers" or pet peeves which are in no particular order....

1) Wal-Mart and the people associated with it.  Jeremy "forces" me to go there since he swears it is cheaper but I loathe that place.  I cannot count the times I have left there in the worst mood possible.  It's always crowded with the most obnoxious and rude people imaginable, there are never enough clerks working the checkout stands, and the meat and produce is terrible there.  I'd gladly visit Publix and Target in order to obtain the items I need than step foot in Wal-Mart.

2) People talking down to me.  Just because I am young and do not have a "real" job, doesn't mean I'm in any way, shape or form less of an intellectual than you. I still remain informed with current events, I still prefer to read books over watching tv, I still do my research when needed, and I can still carry on an adult conversation. 

3) Being told I can't do something.  Want to get me to do something?  Tell me I can't.  Have I ever mentioned that I was raised in a fairly competitive family?  Well, that would be the reason I am this way.  I mean, obviously, I'm aware that I can't lift a car over my head and I'm even smart enough to know which areas are my weaknesses (i.e. math and science courses).  However, within reason, I'll give you a good run for your money!

4) Shopping for cars.  Ugh.  This could probably correlate with number two.  However, it deserves its very own number.  Look, I worked at a  dealership and I KNOW what you can and can't do for me.  I research the vehicles I am interested in extensively before I waste both your time and mine.  I know what I can/ am willing to afford, and, after visiting a few dealerships, I also know what my trade in is worth.  So don't BS me!  Got it?  I have plenty resources in the automotive industry who can tell me if I'm getting screwed.  I may look sweet and a litte clueless, but I'm your WORST nightmare.  I will tell you in the first five minutes of our conversation what I am looking for and will also tell you I don't want to waste your time or my own.  Take my advice, and trust me on this.

5) Sticking your two cents in where it doesn't belong.  If I don't ask for your opinion, don't give it to me.  I'm going to do what I feel is best for my family whether you agree with it or not.  Yes, I may make mistakes, but they're mine to make and I'm hard headed like that.  If it's a family matter, and you are not my husband, unless asked, but out please!

6) Putting things where they don't belong.  I have a place for almost everything.  (However, in the house we're currently in, there are things that are simply placed somewhere to be out of sight.) Things may not be perfect, but I can tell you where just about everything inside my house goes.  If you are not sure where something belongs, please ask.

7)Trash in my car.

8) People who deliberately harm children or animals. 

9) Telling small children to shut up.  I really just dislke that phrase.  (Yes, I admit, I've used it.  I'm not perfect.) 

10) Inconsiderate people.  You have common sense.  Use it.  If you see a woman with a large stroller walking toward a door, help her with the door.  If you see an elderly person headed to the door, open it for them.  If you see a small child wiggling around in the bathroom line and a mom who is in a shear state of panic that her child is about to pee on herself, please let them go before you. (I admit this one is in direct regards to myself.)  If you absolutely MUST smoke, please do so as far away from children and others as possible.  If you see that your waiter is swamped, don't dock their tip because they're taking too long.  If there's a line of cars behind you and you see a car trying to get over/out, let them.  I could go on and on with this one.  Seriously, just be a little compassionate to others not because you deserve something in return, but because it's just polite. 

Wow! That was refreshing!  You should try it!

No comments: