***

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Entering a new phase!


The time has come.  Madelyn is no longer a "baby" and is finally able to take fun classes like dance and tumbling!  She has shown a great interest in dancing and singing and I have really felt that she would truly enjoy lessons.  So...I hopped on the phone/internet and began my search!  As it seemed, most places I searched online would only take children 3 and up.  Well, I just couldn't take that as the final answer.  See, Madelyn may only be two, but she certainly acts more mature for her age and won't even give children her own age the time of day.  It's like she has a prequalification for her friends: you must be almost three or older!  So, I took to calling and almost ALL of the places I spoke to said they'd atleast give her a chance and see if she is able to take directions and fully thrive in the class. 

I gathered all the information from about four or five different places and finally decided on one!  So......we register on the sixteenth and she begins on the 30th!!  We're both SO excited :) 

We spent two days hanging with my mom and the three of us shopped for cute girly dance clothes.  My favorite purchase is the incredibly precious dance bag with her name monogrammed on it.  We pick it up tomorrow!  Madelyn's favorite purchases are her dancing shoes :) 

I can't believe my baby is such a big girl now.  I love making these memories with her and watching her experience all these fun new things!  It's so bittersweet....

The pic above is her dancing in her dress up ballerina clothes that a family friend sent her for her birthday.  She absolutely adores the Sleeping Beauty song and dances around to it all day :)

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

She looks so big and mature in this picture. I can't wait to start Kate in dance - her daycare offers dance and gymnastics starting at 2!!!

~Brit said...

She's not much of a baby anymore (although she'll always be MY baby). Time will fly by and before we know it, Kate will be in these classes too.