***

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A running update!

I have absolutely slipped on updating on my running progress.  I've been running on the treadmill lately wth all this crazy rainy weather and Jeremy being out of town.  I'll be very interested tosee if I can  maintain what I've been doing when I get back outside. 

Anyway, I signed up for my first race!!!!!! Yay!!! It is Oct. 2 (a month away) and I think I'm ready!  I've been running well over the 3.1 miles I need and if I run for distance, I have gotten up to 5 miles (I'm aiming for atleast 6.2 which is a 10k) !  However, lately I've been running to increase my speed and shave a little off my time.  So, tonight I finally hit my "goal" I set for myself a while back.  I ran just under ten minute miles!!  I completed the 3.1 miles at 30 minutes and 45 seconds!  If I can just speed up just a hair, I'll be at thirty exactly! Now I want to get under the thirty minutes.  I am so proud of myself and am SO glad I did this!

No comments: