***

Monday, August 30, 2010

Playdate: Success :)

Madelyn and I held our first playdate at our house last Thursday!  It turned out great if I do say so myself!  It was a little crowded and VERY messy with toys within 10 minutes of the kids getting here but there were no huge arguments or meltdowns so I consider that to be successful :)  We had a total of 7 adults and 11 children in our tiny little house.  One of Madelyn's good friends is highly allergic to several food products so I took that into account and had very little even available that she couldn't have.  It made for a much more relaxing time for both her mother and myself!  I'm so happy I decided to suck it up that our house we're in right now is so small and just do it!  I really enjoy hosting and planning things and, although this was a very casual event, it was fun to put together.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to get any pictures before or while the kids were here but I did snap a few of the aftermath.  Take these pics that are in Madelyn's playroom and picture the living and dining room looking the same way....That's what my house looked like. BUT, it was fun!


Notice the random toy car?  haha


Seriously, EVERY toy was out.


Crazy mess!

No comments: