***

Monday, April 26, 2010

First day

Today was the first day of my couch to 5k program!  The first week (3 days) is a brisk 5 minute walk and then alternate one minute of running and a minute and a half walking for a total of 20 minutes.  It went well.  We finished the program BUT I will say that it did begin to get difficult toward the last half of the time.  I'm very excited and think this is actually something we can conquer!  So, help keep me motivated and hopefully I can make it to my 5K I have planned to attend  near the end of October!  I do have a friend running with me so that should help keep me motivated as well :) I am so proud of myself and hope to stick to it and really make it a lifestyle change.  I will check in every once in a while and keep you all updated!

3 comments:

Lindsey B said...

I'm so proud of you for doing this! Write down tips/ pointers that you can send my way when I start in October!

Also, I am planning on doing one of the Disney races in 2011 as my motivation - we should do it together!

~Brit said...

I will definately give pointers. Are you talking about the princess run? I will definately be there if I stick to this.

Lindsey B said...

I haven't picked one out yet - they have tons throughout the year so, I'll look at the schedule when I am closer to actually being able to run!