***

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It has been decided...

We finally have a plan for Madelyn's birthday.  We're laying low this year and doing just a simple family celebration at the beach.  I did invite a friend and her family along, but aside from that, just our close family.  We'll pick up subs or pizza and I will be making a Dora (Madelyn's choice) cake!  Of course, we'll have her pinata--although she very well may be the only one hitting at it--and a few decorations and presents.  I actually feel guilty about not doing a "real" birthday party for her, especially since she does have friends this year.  I know she won't know any better and that she will appreciate whatever it is we do for her, but I just feel an obligation to her to have that big birthday party complete with kids and chaos....Anyway, it is decided and set in stone and there's absolutely NO going back now.  Especially since we'll be doing this on Saturday and there would be absolutely no way to get something else together.

I cannot believe that my baby girl is growing up so fast. 

1 comment:

Lindsey B said...

You are throwing her a great party! She will love a family party just as much as a chaotic party with her friends! I can't wait to see pictures!