***

Friday, April 9, 2010

It's back! Finally!!!

   Don't you just LOVE spring time?  Well, if not, I personally think something may very well be wrong with you. The whole reason we moved to Florida is because the warmer months last longer... until this year, of course.  I think the weather is here to stay and I am already exhausted from constantly going going going.  We're never home now.  During the day, we're either at the park, or outside doing something.  When Jeremy gets home, we eat dinner, and out we go again.  It is non stop until maybe a very rare rainy day.
   I absolutely love the warmth on my skin and the brightness of the sun.  Everyone's out exercising (except me--which is a shame because I'm supposed to be running--oops) and living in the moment.  Families seem happier as they trample along the sidewalks with dogs on leashes.  Little kids are running around with their baseball uniforms on, which brings back so many childhood (all the way to high school) memories.  Ahhh.... I'm such a happier person this time of year!
  Sundresses.  Another favorite.  I'm not really loving shorts this year.  I feel like I'm in between lengths.  The shorter ones make me feel like a kid, and the longer ones make me feel frumpy.  Therefore, I will probably be sporting the sundresses and skirts a little more this year.  Anyway, back to the love of sundresses.  They can be so simple and still make me feel so pretty and girly. 
 Oh and flowers.  Who can overlook those beautiful little blooms??  They add just the right splash of color to my day!  You know the daisies that are so vibrant with color (that they use dye to get that way) at the grocery stores?  Jeremy has brought my first bouquet home for the season!  Well, it was maybe a week or so ago, but I just forgot to state that important event.  I used to always tell him not to waste money on flowers, they just die.  BUT, I think he has begun to notice that I really like that little bit of life in the house! I still think maybe it's a waste of money,  but I have to admit that I do love it when he brings them home as a treat for me :)
 And remember those cute little sandals I photographed a while back? (these) Yep!  Just another reminder that the weather I love so much is here :) My little angel girl hasn't looked back for tennis shoes and socks since.  Flip flops, beach shoes, and precious little sandals.  That's my baby's footwear for the next few months! 
  I LOVE this time of year.  I've also sworn that I will not complain about it being too hot when the time comes.  Not after the unsettling cold we experienced this year.  We'll see how that goes.  Anyway, go outside and enjoy this beautiful day!  (This may also be the reason for the lack of new posts on my end.)  I'll "see" you soon!!xoxo

3 comments:

Lindsey B said...

I love it too! And I feel you on the shorts thing - but, I have never been a big shorts person - they make me look big.

On a random note - I am about 95% sure we will be at Stacey & Steven's wedding - so you can see my belly in all of its 6.5 months pregnant glory!

~Brit said...

That's awesome! I really hope yall can make it. BUT, if anyone understands you not being able to, it's Jeremy and me.

Brooke said...

Oh I'm so excited about the nice weather too! We were talking about trying to find jobs in the Caribbean if the cold weather did not end, ha ha!