***

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's been a while

Well, as I stated in the last post, I've kinda been slacking on the posts.  I've just been SO busy lately.  This weekend was no different.  We drove into New Orleans for some friends' bachelor/bachelorette party on Friday and got in LATE last night.  It was a great trip and we all had a great time too!  So, just to update a little on what's going on in life, I'll make a few bullet points. 

*  Madelyn's birthday is quickly approaching and I've decided to do just a small family party at the beach.  I am making her cake and will have a ocean/tiffany's blue fondant with seashells bordering the cake and a large starfish on top!  I see it in my mind, hopefully I can create it :)   Of course, on her actual birthday, we will definately continue with her Cinco De Mayo birthday and eat Mexican!  We MAY go to Nickelodeon Studios with some friends of ours the following weekend but that's still up in the air.  Simple, laid back, and cozy.  That's what I'm going for this year!
*  I'm sure you've all figured out that I haven't been running.. naughty naughty.  BUT, a friend of mine is in the market for a jogging stroller and we are supposed to get with the program (couch to 5k Lindsey!)  So, we'll see if we actually do it!  It's always better to have someone there to push you and motivate you to get off your ass though haha!
*  I just finished reading a series of books--another reason I've been MIA lately.  I am a bit ashamed to admit that, YES, I did really enjoy the Twilight saga, but I enjoy the mindless reading it provides.  Therefore, I continued to think like a teenager and read the Mortal Instruments books. I read all three in probably a week---does that tell you anything?  And I have yet another hottie to add to my list of imaginary guys with some serious sex appeal.
*  Woohoo!  I made it to my $100 goal for March of Dimes.  Thanks to those who donated!  The walk is this weekend and I look forward to doing it.  I feel like I doing something that's bigger than myself. 
*  Lastly, I was informed yesterday that I will NOT be getting my camera I so desperately wanted.  You know, the Canon that takes way better pictures than the one from my crappy little everyday camera.  Very upset about this and I seriously hope Jeremy's just messing with me.  However, I saw no trace of laughter in his face when he was telling me all of this... boo

A few pics.....


My two besties!! Plus Russell :)



<3 <3 <3


A few of the girls!


No comments: