***

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Race Day Results

So, Saturday went well!  The race was fun and fueled my competitiveness!  I'm thinking I'll do another one for two reasons.  1) I really want to run with my Dad atleast one time. 2) I want to run in a "real" race. 

This was the Susan G Komen race for the cure 5k.  Walkers were also signed up to do it which caused a real road block for runners.  (That is my excuse for why my numbers weren't better than the were!!)  Running through the start line was like fighting  a crowd on Black Friday --only slower!  So...my friend and I decided to take to the sidewalks which turned out to be a good decision :) It took a good half mile to get ahead of the huge walking crowd and back into the rest of the group.  From there, it was smooth running!

At one point during the run, I thought I was going to crash so, shamefully, I walked for a minute :( But, picking it back up, I rounded the course to see the finish line! Once I saw the crowd welcoming everyone in, I knew I had done it!  Yay for me :)  I made sure to stomp on that finish line in one large victory in itself!!!! With that, here are my results:

435th out of 956
24th out of 49 people in my division (broken down my age and gender)
223/648 Women
31:52 minutes
The overall average for racers was 34:22
Around 10 1/2 minute miles (my best outside run is 10:13)

This all means....I was in the top 50 % and my time was better than the average!!! So, although I didn't WIN (well, duh!) I consider this a pretty good start and a victory :)

Now, my pictures aren't so great because my camera is terrible, but I have a couple from a friend, and they'll be uploading the rest of theirs shortly!!! Thanks for all of your support these past few months!!


Beautiful morning for a race!!




Thanks to my "coach"!

All those walkers I was talking about plus many more!

Madelyn had to be a part :)

My sweet girl!

More to come when I get them!!!!!

No comments: