***

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Southern Gentleman!

I don't know about you, but I was raised in the South.  This means boys and girls were raised with "southern charm".  I say this because I do realize that in other regions certain things we look at as common courtesy can be frowned upon.  Well, around my "neck of the woods", these things were just expected.  Yes Ma'am, no Sir, please, thank you, holding doors for women and elders, giving women and elders your seat, etc.

From day one, I have tried to drill these things into Madelyn.  We always make her say please and thank you as well as other things.  It's just expected.  However, I see that these things just aren't as important to most as they used to be.  Why is that?  Your guess is as good as mine!

Well, today my faith was somewhat restored!  There ARE still people who think like me!  We were at a playdate at a friend's house.  Madelyn and her friend, Eva, are so girly and really are just precious to watch :) Anyway, back to the point!  Eva and Madelyn had been sitting in two little princess chairs. A boy named Brady sat in the one Madelyn was in so she began saying " I want to sit down."  A very sad puppy dog look took place with this as well.  Usually, this goes by ignored and the child left out gets over it.  Well sweet Brady got up, held his hands out to the chair and offerred it to Madelyn! I seriously about fell out! I've never been so proud of a child that was not my own :)  Pam, his mother, got so excited when she saw it too.  She said she's been trying her best to teach him to be a gentleman and this is the first time he's applied that!  Maybe Madelyn's just that special ;) I'll keep an eye on Brady as they get older as he could be a very good prosepect for a first boyfriend haha!

  

2 comments:

Heather said...

A real southern gentleman? I have not been around one of those in a very long time. If you find another one, please feel free to send him my way! (Pretty please!)

~Brit said...

Will do Heather! (As long as he's older than 4 years old! haha)

On a side note, they're still out there. Hard to find, but there :) I got pretty lucky with Jeremy!