***

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mixed Emotions

What a change from last weekend. As a reminder, last weekend was SO great. This weekend...not so much :( This week, I should say. My parents are moving across the bay so as you can guess, busy busy busy. We've been painting ALL week, followed by cleaning  and finally the big move. Summary of the move: Supposed to have a truck by 9:00 am- it still wasn't at the pick up place by 11:00 so we went with another company. Go to pick up new truck...power is down. So, after a fast food lunch, we return to pick up the truck. Lots of packing left to do and, because we're all so tired from the rest of the week, it's anyone's guess who will hurt whom first. Yeah, not to mention, my brother was out of town, so my poor dad and Jeremy were the only two handling the big stuff. NOT FUN.
Now for the real downer for the week. We got a call on Thursday that Jeremy's great grandmother passed away. She hasn't been doing well for the past few months, so we have been prepared, but this is still not something anyone looks forward to. Being that we live pretty far away, and finances are not so great, we won't be attending the services and that's not a proud moment either.
Mamaw truly was a wonderful lady. She always treated me as family even before Jeremy and I were married. She always acknowledged every single person's presence and, looking back, I don't think I EVER saw her without a smile. She really enjoyed showing how much she loved us all. While visiting her in the hospital at Thanksgiving, we were telling her about a cousin's baby shower. She got so upset that she didn't know about it. When some family members explained that they didn't think she'd be able to make it...being that she was in the hospital... she was fighting mad. She said that at least she could have known to send a gift. I mean, what a thoughtful and selfless person. To worry about getting someone a gift over her own health. I'm sure everyone will have such pleasant memories of her to share on Monday.
Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of a better week. I'm sad to say, I don't have any pictures for today. I do know I have some pics of Madelyn with Mamaw and as soon as they are found, I will come back and post them to this.

No comments: