***

Monday, May 10, 2010

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

Well....we're on week three!!!! Today was day one of the three days and here is our run:  5 min. brisk walk followed by two reps of 1 1/2 min. run, 1 1/2 min walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk.  It doesn't sound like a lot and while I'm typing, I'm feeling like I'm proud of myself over nothing.  BUT, I can promise you that two weeks ago, there is no way I could have run 3 minutes without being completely out of breath and sore after my run.  Now, on the other hand, it wasn't such a bad process today. After we finished our last set, we actually felt like we should have been doing more!
   It is such a good feeling knowing that I am taking time to myself (not really because Madelyn is right there with me) to do something to better myself.  I truly believe the people who run and say it gets to be addicting and you begin to WANT to run.  AND, here is the vain part of me coming out..... I LOVE the idea of having really great runner's legs and a cute little tummy again!!  Oh and, we got our first woo today too. hahaha, I used to roll my eyes at those kind of guys but now, being a mommy and sometimes not feeling very sexy, I am 100% flattered :)
  Anyway, the point is, that I am very excited to still be able to report that we are running strong.  We're doing our program perfectly and with every obstacle, we are able to see that we can overcome it!  I cannot thank my friend who told me about this program enough.  It is the absolute perfect plan for me and what I need.  So, I look forward to reporting again soon with another week behind us :)

PS- Happy Mother's Day to all of those wonderful mommies and mommy to be's!  Here's what I did on my very special day......



Madelyn's first trip down the BIG slide at the water park!  She looks a little uneasy about it but absolutely LOVED it and asked to go again! 

1 comment:

Lindsey B said...

I'm glad it is going good! I can't wait to get started in Sept/ Oct.

And, you look awesome - I saw all of your water park pictures on FB and you still look damn good in a bikini!