***

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In a dream world

   Sometimes, when things get absolutely hectic and seem to be going every way except the way I wish for them to, I dream of running away.  Okay, not really running away.  Just maybe taking a week to myself in a very tropical setting with a non stop flow of fruity drinks!  A place where the only clothes I need are a bathing suit and a very fluffy white robe.  Where I can catch up with the latest Hollywood gossip via one of those silly magazines or read a book without being interrupted.  Or, where I can lay in bed ALL DAY LONG and not have a husband who can't sit still and a daughter who wants to go play begging me to get up.

   Okay, yes, I do live very close to the beach and can visit any time I wish.  But I want to wake up to the ocean!  See the dolphins swimming from my bedroom window and hear the waves crashing onto the sand (without one of those silly noise machines)! 

Something like this.....


That hammock....reserved especially for ME!


Isn't this absolutely beautiful? 

I constantly say I need time to myself.  I need to get away.  Not just a night out with the girls.  (That usually ends up with me being more responsible and only having a couple of drinks so that I can drive myself home.) Also, not a night where Madelyn stays with her grandparents because we have some event we have to attend.  Those are obligations that, although I may have fun, are not necessarily what I'd rather be doing.    I know, I'm sounding absolutely 100% selfish and yes, I do feel very guilty about it.  Does it help if I say I'd be willing to bring a girl friend with me as long as she had the same things in mind?    

Now, let me be realistic.  I highly doubt I'd be able to go to someplace like this without wanting to share it with my family.  I know me and know I'd be thinking about how much Jeremy would LOVE the pretty water and Madelyn would adore being able to play in the sand all day every day.  Just think of the family pictures you could get in a place like this!  And well, I don't think I could go a whole week without a pair of sweet little arms wrapping around my neck followed by a set of the most irresistable lips kissing my cheek after night night prayers (Madelyn's).   So, once again, my dream of going away to a secluded place in paradise, is slowly trampled by two of my greatest roles in life: Wife and Mom.




 

No comments: