***

Friday, May 14, 2010

2 yr old check up

This morning was Madelyn's doctor's appointment.  I always dread these because I am a big whimp and HATE shots.  Poor Jeremy has to go with us every visit because I just cannot stand to watch them poke my baby.  Well, good news for me!  She was already up to date on her shots and will not have to have any until she's four!!!!!  Woohoo!  I bet if she knew what that really meant, she'd be excited too. 
   Anyway, today we met with her new doctor (we moved, so we needed one closer).  He seemed very nice and easy going.  Here are Madelyn's measurements:  Height- 34 1/4 inches (50 %), Weight- 25 lbs (25 %), Head circumference- 19 (75 %).  As you can see, my baby girl is growing just fine!  In order to settle a dispute with my mother in law, I asked him when it was that they say you can estimate your child's future height. He said it would have been at 18 months and then you double the height.  So, I'm guestimating that she will be around 5 ft. 4!  Now, back to my mother in law.  She swears up and down that Madelyn will be TALL (like her daughter-Madelyn's aunt).  I told her that I don't think she'll be as short as me (5 ft. 3 1/2 in), but that there is no way she'll be as tall as Jessica.  Well,  according to the doc, these predictions are pretty accurate so I WIN!!  Yes, the constant reminder that Madelyn WILL be tall is a bit annoying. And, although I will love her however she is, and I absolutely cannot change how tall she is, I really don't see myself with such a tall little girl on my hands.
  We are cleared for another year and hopefully (fingers crossed) we won't have to see the doc again until then!  Madelyn is growing well both physically and developmentally!  I'm so proud of my healthy baby girl :)
And well, let me end with this..... Mother in law-0 Me-1!  Yay!

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

Don't you just love those MIL comments?

~Brit said...

Oh yes! I've really learned to bite my tongue a lot more since I've been married.