***

Monday, May 17, 2010

Run week # 4

Well, the start of a new week means an update!  We are SO dedicated.  It was raining off and on all morning and we were set to run at 9:00.  Let me tell you, it is the most difficult thing in the world to just get up, not make excuses, pray that the rain dies off a little, and go (especially when it is so dark and the perfect setting for a lazy day!)  I really don't think I would have gone if I didn't have someone else running with me.  Anyway, we did it.  We got there, it was sprinkling, so we suited up our girls.  They didn't get a drop of rain on them at all which makes me feel a lot less of a "bad" mom about this whole situation.  And no, there was no thunder or lightning and yes, we were paying attention to that! 

So, here is our run for the week:  Brisk 5 min walk, jog 3 min, walk 90 sec, jog 5 min, walk 2 1/2 min, jog 3 min, walk 90 sec, jog 5 min.

It's beginning to get a lot less repetitive so we actually have to carry a copy of what it is that we are doing out with us.  The first three minutes flew by since we were used to that from last week.  The first five minute run was okay.  We made it and weren't begging for air, so I consider that good.  However, the last five minute run was killer.  We had turned around and were going against the wind AND rain.  So, with water popping us in the face and wind pushing us back, we ran.  BUT, we made it!  Toward the end of the run, I had covered Madelyn's stroller with a towel just to ensure that she would definately stay dry (although at the time the drop down piece was doing the job just fine).  I do think that I will eventually invest in a rain cover if they have one for her stroller but it's good to know the towel does the trick! 

I'm so worried about next week.  By the third day, we are supposed to run the 20 minutes straight.  My running partner will be out of town, so it may just be me.  I'm really hoping I will be able to push myself to keep going.  On top of that, I will be leaving for a wedding so I will actually be running while out of town...REALLY hoping I will be able to come back with a positive report :)  


Here are our little troopers!  They did so good today too!
Of course, we had to document our dedication with this picture :)
 

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

You are doing so good! I'm glad you can be my "mentor" with this program when I start!

What jogger do you have? Do you like it? I'm looking into one but can't decide which one I want.

~Brit said...

Thanks! I have a schwinn. I'm not sure which model though. I absolutely LOVE it. I've tried out a few before this one (bought them all on Craigslist) and this is the first that I've been pleased with. The first two had locked in front wheels and I wasn't a fan. The third was a baby trend and I don't really recommend it. This one is a good one for me.