***

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's almost here!!

Ahhh!!! One week from Saturday I run in my very first race!  I'm SO excited but I don't really feel prepared.  I guess we'll just see?!  Anyway, I'm not expecting much because it is a race/walk for Susan G Komen, so I'm sure the walkers will slow me down a bit too.  I don't care about winning because let's face it, I'm no pro.  However, (here comes the competitiveness) I do want to do as good as/ better than my friend who is running with me!  Think what you want, but you know good and darn well that you'd feel that way too :)

Anyway, my countdown and final training has begun and I really hope I don't let myself down.  Also, unless things change, this may be my last race for a while.  I'm still not really motivated and have found that the race has taken my passion for the run and turned it into more of a chore.  I had the best run I've had in a while the other night when I chose to not look at the clock and just go.  So, I think I've decided to just work toward more mileage  after the race and *hope* that I can find that time as a way to clear my mind and just RUN.  I sincerely hope that because I've taken the goal away,  I won't slip out of running.  So, I may need a little push from you guys to keep me going!   

1 comment:

Lindsey B said...

I can't wait to here how it goes! I know you'll do great!

I am starting Couch to 5K next week!!!