***

Monday, September 13, 2010

A wonderful weekend!

Don't you just LOVE those weekends where it's just you, your husband, and your children?  I truly adore them!  As much fun as being with the rest of our family or with being with friends is, sometimes I just crave that "alone" time with Jeremy and Madelyn.  It's "our" time and it's even better when we get out and enjoy this wonderful city we live in!  ( There's so much to do here and in the surrounding cities.)  Jeremy and I get to cherish our little two year old angel and make just a few more memories as a family :)

We started the weekend off with a bang!  Jeremy called and told me to read over an email that ticketmaster had sent him.  Well guess what!!! We got not one, but TWO free tickets to Disney on Ice!! Not the nosebleed seats and not the floor seats, but the good ones just a step up from floor!  The Little Mermaid and Tinkerbell were a part of it so Madelyn was in HEAVEN!  She was glued the entire time.  It really was wonderful and even better since it was free :)


We continued our adventures Saturday at the zoo!!! We took Madelyn when she was younger but haven't been back since.  Well, they do a swap program with the aquarium and we were able to get in free!  Hooray for another day of "free" entertainment!  Did I mention that I LOVE this city??  Anyway, it was definately hot but bearable.  We had a great time visiting with the animals and we spent a lot of time at the snakes, sting rays and manatees!  Madelyn really likes the snakes which I think is cool and Jeremy despises.  You could pet the sting rays and they seemed to really like Madelyn so she thought that was just the greatest.  And well, for my own selfish reasons, we hung out with the manatees!  Yes, we visited the elephants, and petting zoo, and giraffes, and monkeys and she did ride the ponies too!  It was an all out fun time! 





We then took Madelyn for her first "real" haircut.  I've trimmed it before but just didn't feel like dealing with that this time around.  So, I carefully told the lady that I wanted to make sure we could still do a pony tail since it took us two years to get one and that I DID NOT want bangs. So, as a result, she looks completely the same to me as she did before we got it cut!  That being said, does it still count as a hair cut?? Oh, and she did GREAT!



We finished the night with Hibachi dinner and a trip to build a bear :) She had a great time making her new friend which she named Princess Bear.  We dressed it in a ballerina outfit and it is super cute!



We were eager for church Sunday morning and then I had a baby shower to attend. Madelyn had a blast with her Daddy and then we went to my parents' so that my dad and I could run!  It was such a wonderful weekend and we're sure to have just as much fun tonight!  Dance (which I'm still not too sure about), followed by box seats at the Rays game!!! Yay for fun times with the family :)


(Madelyn was definately smiling for the camera but not paying it much attention.)

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

Sound like so much fun! I can't wait until Kate is old enough to enjoy waht our city has to offer!!

~Brit said...

It is! This age, although trying, is such a great age :) Don't rush it though! Kate will be there before you know it.