***

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Finally the time has come

We started potty training at 14 months. No, I'm not one of those parents to rush a child who isn't ready. I've had a lot of experience potty training kids from working in childcare for quite a few years. I went ahead and purchased a potty for when the time came. When we got it home and sat it down, Madelyn just sat down and peed. I SWEAR. So, I took that as my que to begin. She did so well, and was pretty much trained after a few months (she also decided to only use the big potty)but then we took a vacation to Universal. There went all our hard work... down the drain. So, these past few months I've kinda laid off and figured that when she was ready, she'd just do it. Lately, she's been doing great during the day when she's in panties. However, as soon as I put her in a pull up to go somewhere (for fear of having accidents at places) she pee pees. Luckily, she will not go number two in her pants at ALL. Anyway, I decided to just take the plunge since even at night she won't wet herself. Got a travel potty to keep in the car, kept a couple changes of clothes with us, and kept reminding her to tell us if she needs to go. She's been in big girl panties since Thursday and NO accidents. I hope like crazy I'm not jinxing this. She's such a big girl and loves her Dora panties that she chose. We even went accident free on the ride to and from Jessica's (three hour drive). We did bring a potty with us and she would let us know when she needed to use it. We were even successful after a bug juice in the car! I'm so proud of her and she's such a big girl without a pull up bulging out. I can't believe my baby girl is potty trained before she's two! Yay for her :) And I'm sure there'll be times we have accidents, I'm not blind to that. But I am proud of her and even myself. I believe that having the opportunity to stay at home with her and have that one on one time has been a BIG help. Just wanted to share our awesome news. Getting to share this with Madelyn--and being a part of it--is probably more rewarding than winning first place in some tournament (And I'm pretty competitive!)

No comments: