***

Sunday, February 28, 2010

You gotta go get married?!?

Dierks Bently = great concert!  We saw him last night at Universal and he really does put on a good show.  Anyway, on the way home, my nephew, Asher, had asked if we could go back to Universal today.  I told him no, that Jeremy, Madelyn, and I had to go to church.  I guess someone has gotten married recently because he said "you gotta go get married tomorrow?"  It was cute.  I explained to him that although yes, some people get married in churches, that we also go to church to learn about Jesus. 
Asher said that when when he got bigger, like 25 10 (his words, not mine), then he could get married.  I told him yes, when he was much older.  Jeremy then asked him who he was going to marry and his answer was too cute! 
Usually you hear about a little boy saying that when he gets older he's going to marry his mommy.  Not this little boy.  He said "Maybe when I'm older and Madelyn's older I will marry Madelyn."  Really?!?  That just shows how much he loves her. 
Now, lets not get all nasty thinking here.  We all know little kids don't understand that it's not okay to marry their cousins, but that when they talk about marrying someone it is usually just because that is someone they care about.  My heart just melted. 
Madelyn truly LOVES Asher and thinks he hung the moon.  She looks up to him for everything.  When he isn't here, she asks to see him via video camera.  She cries when it's over.  He is the closest thing to a big brother she has and he is the greatest to her.  Hearing Asher say that made me feel so good knowing that he really does love her and doesn't just play with her because he has to. So sweet!

BFF's forever :)

No comments: