***

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

VBS 2010 part two

Well, we are finished with day three of VBS!  My group of kids is GREAT!  I mostly have older kids--they don't do groups by age at this church--and I have one younger little girl who happens to be the youngest in the program.  The youngest is doing a great job and really seems to be getting more comfortable as the week goes on.  My boys--and girls-- are so well behaved for fourth and fifth graders but still keep me laughing all day long :)  I'm so glad I decided to help out this year and definately made the right decision to be a crew leader.  It may have been a few years since I've worked with older kids, but I've still got it! 

Also, Madelyn is too young to be in the program, but she does get to stay with the younger children and play.  Her teacher always brings her in the sanctuary when we're all in there and she has found it quite pleasing to stand on the steps (in front of the singers on stage) and put on a show.  She sings and dances right along with us and even bows when the songs are over.... I tried to teach her that girls plie not bow, but she hasn't quite gotten that.  I have to say, I have quite a star on my hands!  She is LOVING this week and all the attention she gets!  I'm LOVING all the great compliments people say about her.  "She's so polite,"
"she's so mature for her age," "Wow, I can't believe she's potty trained," "She's SO cute," "Are you sure she isn't three?" (I find that one kinda silly).  Even the kids enjoy her and make comments about how cute she is!  Once again, I am so proud of my baby girl and I'm sure you can see it beaming from my face a mile away! 

So, we have two more days left and I was asked if I minded getting a new child in my group tomorrow.  I'm going to take that as "You're doing such a great job and we really think this child would benefit from being in your group better than others.  Do you mind ?" Yes, I'm absolutely letting myself think this! Thank you very much!  *bows repeatedly to my imaginary audience* 

No comments: