***

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wedding Festivities

As promised, I am continuing with some updates from this past week...

  We began a very crazy weekend last week as we pulled out of the driveway Wednesday on our way to Mississippi.  What a drive....but well worth it!  Let me first say, I don't usually LOVE to go back "home."  I say "home" because we didn't actually go to my hometown but we were still in state!  I do, however, LOVE to see old friends from college and my very best friends who I rarely get to see. 

This is probably one of the least stressful weddings I've ever been involved with, and thoroughly enjoyed getting to relax and catch up with everyone!  (Seriously thought we were going to have a bridezilla, so I am VERY thrilled to say otherwise.)   Thursday was a day of last minute errands and then the rehearsal.  Everyone's experienced this so I'll spare you and move on. 

Friday! Oh Friday!  Wedding day!  I had a very productive day :)  Got up at 7:30 for a run after being out until 2:30 and having a few drinks.  Definately NOT a good run.  Thought I was going to die and was very glad this run was just an extra since I had finished my runs for the week.  After almost killing over, we went back and enjoyed some time at the pool!  Just Krissy (one of my best friends) and myself!  I never thought I'd cherish laying out as much as I did this past weekend.  I thank my inlaws more than ever for watching Madelyn for us.  It was so nice to be able to just have some girl time!   Anyway, we began to get ready around 11 and did the whole hair, makeup, and pictures this up until the wedding :)   Now, let me tell you about my little princess and her friend Olivia...


Aren't they precious?? Later, they had some sweet baby's breath halos on as well.  Anyway, here's how their 15 minutes of fame happened...  I quickly noticed the previous night that our girls were going to need something to bribe them into staying in the back of the church until we were ready for them.  So, I took a leap of faith, made three different bags of small candies, and dispursed them accordingly.  Worked like a charm!  They stayed with the girls in the back until it was their turn, and then were told that their mommies had the other candy.  Well.....WATCH OUT!  Those little girls began walking down the isle perfectly, followed by speed walking, which then turned into a run! Too cute :)  Madelyn saw her papaw so she stopped to tell the entire congregation that her papaw was there and went on about her way.  The girls did actually make it up to us but then decided they wanted to go back down.  I absolutely didn't stop her and let her make her way back to her papaw where he then took her to the cry room.  Eventually, both girls were in there and the wedding continued!  Same as always, I teared up (in the same places as I always do), vows were said, and we were on our way.  Bride and groom walked out, a few groomsmen and bridesmaid couples went out and then......the cry room door opened and out flew our girls!  haha Back down the isle the came!  I guess they decided they needed that last little bit of recognition :)  Madelyn walked right to me and so I used that as a tool to my advantage! I had Madelyn walk out of the church in the middle of Jeremy and myself (we were all three in the wedding) which made for a wonderful family picture!  (Unfortunately, I don't have a pic but should get one eventually.)  We were told that what we did was precious and couldn't have turned out any better!  What can I say?? I was very proud of my little princess!

Friends and family danced the night away and we had to literally drag Madelyn off the dance floor.  Everything went beautifully with only minor situations.  We finished off our wedding event Saturday morning with tearful goodbyes and were on our way up to my in laws' camp on the lake! 

For your enjoyment...
Terrible picture of myself BUT the only pic of the weekend with my two best friends Krissy and Stacy (the bride).


Bridesmaids with bride


Ugh... I have TERRIBLE posture.  Stacy looks GREAT though :)


Two flower girls and junior bridesmaid Darby!


Dancing queens!


Yummy


Family photo (I don't know why I look so ick)


Happy groom

Reunited friends :):):)


Aloha!
 

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

So pretty! I'm so glad everything was wonderful!

And, I think those of us that everyone assumes will be bridezillas turn out to be some of the most laid back brides (I know I shocked a ton of people)!

If only we were in the reunion picture.

~Brit said...

I know... I really wish you guys could have made it. BUT, I absolutely understand. We'll just have to make sure we redo that pic next time we're ALL together :)