***

Friday, June 25, 2010

Very valuable information

While on facebook last night, I found this.....


I know it's rather small, so here's the link.  I sincerely hope it works *fingers crossed* 

A friend posted it on her photos and explained that this is a perfectly good explanation to all of her friends who don't have children.  See, sometimes, I feel like I absolutely blow off perfectly good opportunities to call and chit chat to some of my greatest friends simply because I'm "too busy."   There are also days when Jeremy comes home from work worn out and stressed and I come back with "you think you're the only one who's had a rough day!"  Then, when I look back on the day, I often wonder what exactly it was I did all day that made me so busy and stressed and tired.  This newspaper column is the honest to God answer taken right out of my thoughts. 

I swear, it is certainly not that I avoid these people or that I don't have any catching up to do.  I also don't use this as an excuse to one up Jeremy.  But I literally spend almost ever waking hour with a two year old who quite frankly needs most of my undivided attention.  See, it is my job to make sure she is getting the life skills she needs in order to be successful.  It is also my job to make sure she has safe and fun activities during the day to keep her busy and teach her social and educational skills.  Therefore, although I do not have a paying job, I do have a pretty needy boss who does not accept sick days or paid time off! Those of you with a paying job AND a child....bless you.    

I thought this would be good insight for those of you who may not have children and it'd be a good cheat sheet for those who do have children and need the words to explain what exactly it is you do ALL day!

No comments: