***

Monday, June 28, 2010

Long overdue update

So, I've been a slacker on reporting about my running progress.  This week would have been... I don't know... maybe week 9 of our program!?  I've lost track with the time because my running partner and I haven't been able to run together for the last two weeks and will not be back together until next week. 

Two weeks ago, I started my week off with 2.2 miles.  By the end of the week, I had successfully achieved my goal of 3.2 miles!!! HELLO 5k!!!! Nice to see you :)

Anyway, I got SO excited that I ran a few more days last week than I probably should have.  I was pretty steady with the 3.2 miles the first couple of days.  However, my last two days were failures.  Yes, you read right.  I failed and probably only ran 2.5 miles :( I know, that's still very good and I was still ahead of the program but still.  I HATE not making a goal I have already achieved.  (Have I ever mentioned that my family is a bit competitive? And I am no exception.) 

So, I took that as a sign and decided to take three consecutive days off.  Although I wasn't physically sore, I really think my body was just tired and needed a break.

Tonight was the first day back and....... 3.5 miles!!!!! Yep!  I am back!  I truly understand those who have said that running is addictive.  I LOVE knowing that I am able to do this for myself.  ( I also had a friend of mine tell me this weekend that she can absolutely tell a difference in my body and that I look great! Brownie points for her!) 

With all of this said, this is officially my last week of the Couch to 5k Program and it was a definate success!  I highly encourage anyone thinking of giving running a try to use this program.  You may feel silly running only a minute at first, but you build, and it WORKS. 

I will still be keeping you guys informed on how I'm doing. What can I say? I kinda enjoy bragging about myself.  I'm hoping to increase my distance on some days and work on my speed on others.  This way, I'm thinking that my first 5k race will be easier for me (a mile is nothing now) and maybe I won't be the last person to run across the line.  So, keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

YAY Brit! I'm so proud of you!

Now have Jeremy takes some pics and show us how smokin you are these days (not that you weren't before)!

Your success is going to keep me motivated this fall when I attempt to drop all of this baby weight.

~Brit said...

I'm sure the pics will come eventually.... Thanks for your support though! I'll be there for you too when you start the program!