***

Friday, June 11, 2010

VBS 2010

Yay!  So excited to be a part of vacation bible school again!  It's been a long time since I've done anything with it--since middle school atleast.  Next week is the beginning of this year's VBS at our church and I decided to volunteer as a Crew Leader!  I have a "crew" of nine children right now, but by Monday it may grow a bit more.  It is mixed ages from preschool to fifth grade which I actually prefer from the usual all-one-age groups.  This way, not only can my assistant help me with the kids, the older kids can also help out with the younger ones. 

I remember going to VBS myself growing up and I had a blast every year!  I think it's a wonderful opportunity for children to not only learn about God, but to make new friends and feel like they're a part of something! My absolute favorite thing was crafts and I distinctly remember painting wooden animals one year at my grandmother's church.  It was one of the things I looked forward to each summer :)

I really hope that my group of kids have a wonderful time next week with me and that I haven't lost my touch with the older children since I'm not around them as much anymore.  I mean, I know with a group of toddlers I'd do fine, since I have one and know what their interests are.  BUT, I don't have any contact with older kids anymore and I'm not used to NOT being the "cool" teacher. haha.  Oh well, I guess I will let you guys know how we do next week and how worn out I am after the fact! 

No comments: