***

Monday, March 1, 2010

~Craft Day~

Asher asked if he could spend the night last night.  As a result, we had a craft day this morning to keep them busy.  The first project I quickly thought up lasted as long as it took me to think it up... NOT LONG ENOUGH!  Here's a pic of the finished product inspired by March and the hope for warm weather.

Next, I decided to get a little braver.  I used to do this all the time with my daycare children but then it wasn't my own house to clean up afterward.  I let the kids make playdough.  Yes, we have the store bought kind, but I was really looking for something the two of them haven't experienced before.  It was definately a hit!  They had a great time pouring the ingredients and then, with a little help from me, mixing them all together.  After they were finished, I let them each choose a color and then I mixed that in for fear of stained hands (kitchen gloves are great!).  I have a feeling Asher has determined that Brit Brit's house = arts and crafts.  Every time he comes over I ALWAYS find something for them to do. It makes them happy and quiet (for a few minutes) and, in turn, me happy as well!




No comments: