***

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's!

Well it's that day again!  The one that I ALWAYS remember to wear a very obvious amount of green because of that horrible girl who pinched me in middle school even though my birthstone on my ring was green.  Ugh, that girl not only left a HUGE bruise, but scarred me for life I think.  Anyway, happy St. Patty's day!
Madelyn and I were all set for a fun and very green get together with all our new friends.  While Jeremy attended the hockey game, we made a few green clover shaped krispie treats.  We also made some plain ones after I realized that Madelyn WOULD NOT touch the green ones. ha!  So, I assorted them on the new tray I had Jeremy pick up for me and very lovingly covered them in preparation for today. (I won't post a picture of them.  I'm sure most of you know what a krispie treat looks like/how to make one/and what a clover looks like as well.)  I also made sure to buy a very green shirt for myself~ to keep those tiny little pinchers AWAY from me, and that Madelyn's green polka dot dress was clean.  We spent so much time getting ready for today. 
All of that, and we wake up to decide we're not going.  I guess Madelyn wanted to make sure that Daddy came home last night because she woke up SO early.  All of you who know me know that I am not, I repeat NOT, a morning person at all.  Well guess what!  Madelyn is exactly like me when she wakes up earlier than she's used to.  We had a very cranky little girl on our hands and she had a very cranky mom trying to handle things.  Well, actually, since Jeremy was still home, I had him deal with it since I feel her waking up early was to see him.  But still, I was not happy about this hour less of sleep.  After much consideration, and a lot of whining from Madelyn, I cancelled our plans.  I just was not dealing with a moody child this morning.  So now we're left with two batches of krispies...hmm, I'm sure I know what will happen with these.  They're kinda addicting you know :) 
Oh well, my point is, that sometimes, you just need a break.  We've been going so much lately that today was my breaking point and obviously Madelyn's too.  We needed a day of rest and we certainly won't be getting that on the weekends since *hopefully* our beautiful weather is back.  So, Madelyn and I have watched lots of Dora today, enjoyed a small morning nap, ate a noodle filled lunch, and are now on our second half of Dora day.  We may even do one last St. Patty's art project later... if we feel like it. AND we may even get out of our pajamas, but I doubt it.  I don't think Jeremy was very pleased about me backing out after making all those krispies, but I promised him I'd return the shirt and the other items I didn't use.  Oh well, he'll get over it.  Anyway, I wish you the very best day!

No comments: