***

Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Flowers

Well, my Valentine's day flowers Jeremy got me finally withered away and died.  So, in celebration of spring, Madelyn and I made our very own flowers to replace them!  I thought I'd share.  I have to say, they look pretty awesome for having a twenty two month (It's her 'birthday' today!) little girl doing most of the assembling.  If you're interested in doing this here's how it's done....

Materials you'll need:  construction paper (several colors plus green and yellow), glue, & scissors. 

Cut long strips of construction paper.  Fold the green in half and glue down.   Then roll the green strips up to make the stems.  For the bloom, cut slits a little more than halfway down the other strips. 
Next, take the bloom piece and run glue all the way down the part that has not been slit.  Begin at one end and roll the bloom onto the green stem.

Then, fray all the slit edges creating the petals.

Afterwards, roll a small yellow ball with construction paper and glue it into the middle.
Have your little one take a look at what he or she did and then...
Display!