***

Friday, March 12, 2010

Susan G Komen

  When I told my dad about doing the March of Dimes and that I thought I may do the Susan G. Komen three day, he thought I meant the run. Nope, I definately meant walk (three days of running NO WAY). There is a 5k run affiliated with the Susan G. Komen as well though. It is on Oct. 2nd.
    I am facing a terribly difficult decision.  I've been toying with the idea of running for a while now.  However, I have NO drive and NO discipline.  I want to run, I truly want that sense of accomplishment and feeling of being free when you run. 
   I would really enjoy sharing this with my dad.  I think it would be nice to have something that we do together and something that I could hold on to for years to come.  I also think this would be a good thing to share with Madelyn someday.  I mean, all in all, if I could get it together, there are really only positives in this equation.   My question, to myself I guess, is am I able to stay focused and get up to three miles by October?  My dad seems to think that I'd have it in a month, I think he's crazy. I'm SO out of shape and the years of cheerleading and softball are way long gone.   So now I'm curious and need your help.  Should I do it and if so, what are some tips to get started?   

2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

Do it Brit! I am hoping to get into running after I have the baby!

I have read about a program called couch to 5K - google it! I'm sure it will be a great starting point!!

Krissy said...

I totally agree with Lindsey! You must do it! You will feel so great after! It will be so rewarding!