***

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cookies

Madelyn and I began our very first easter tradition today!  Since she was too little last year to really care, I didn't bother doing any holiday activities with her.  This year, however, has been a blast.  On top of decorating the house, art projects, picking out outfits, and the anticipation of egg hunts, we made our very own cookies!!  Her Grammie bought some Easter cookie cutters for her and so we put them to use by making a cookie for each of our family members (minus Daddy because we plan to do a few with him as well).   Obivously, I can't multi task that much because this time I videoed everything but got very little pictures. 
Anyway, she is getting to be such a smart little girl.  We were able to do a "lesson" in with the cookies on shapes and colors - via cookie cutters,sprinkles,and jelly beans.  She knew all the shapes and most of the colors!  And, although this has nothing to do with this post, she is up to four in counting!  Yay!  I really love getting to do all these "moments" with Madelyn.  I feel like I have been such a visible part of the memories she's making.

Getting ready to roll the dough!



Mmmm....


Our "tools"


Decorating Pops' cookie


Finished products 2010!
 

No comments: