***

Friday, March 26, 2010

How can I get on to her?

Seriously, sometimes it's just too hard to correct a wrong.  Especially when it's so cute and you really can't help but laugh.  So, what did I do?  I took pictures!  THEN told her not to do it again.  We'll see how that goes. 

Madelyn was being really quiet in her playroom yesterday.  Quiet usually means trouble around here.  So, I peeked in to see what she was doing.  At that very moment, Madelyn poured a play kitchen cup full of dog bowl water onto Bruce's head (our great dane).  I have no idea what she thought she was doing.  Either she thought he was thirsty, or that he needed a bath.  Whatever the case was, I was pretty stunned and told her to stop playing in the water and had her help me clean the mess.  (I was too in the moment to think to snap a pic of this.) So, fast forward to when Jeremy gets home.  He and I are standing in the kitchen talking when I hear "here you go barley."  (Barley is how Madelyn says Harley-our pug's name.)  I don't know what made me think to look in on her, but I did.  This is the first pic I saw.


Yep, she's back at the dog bowls.
(Nevermind the terrible temporary dog beds--theirs had had it.)

So, I sit and watch her for just a few minutes to see exactly what it was she was doing.  She had gotten the play spoon from her kitchen, and was "feeding" Harley a spoonful at a time.  She'd get a scoop, take it to him, dump it, and say "here you go Barley."  She also very well knew she was doing something wrong, because when she saw me walk by, she stopped what she was doing, smiled, and blew me two kisses.  It really was cute and I even called Jeremy in there to watch when she started back up--she thought I had walked away.  However, when I actually went into the room, I was not so pleased.  Here's a visual for you...


Oh yeah, look closely.  There is water in their food.  That little stinker used the cup I previously wrote about to add a little water.  Maybe she felt Harley could eat it better if it was softened a little.  Or, maybe she was just experimenting?



See that cup?  That's the one that she used for all that water in the dog food.  She MUST have been there a while.  The spoon in the dog bowl is obviously the one she used to feed Harley with too.

All this said, I did tell her not to play in the water anymore and that her bubbas could get their own food/water.  I told her that if she did it again, I'd be very upset. Well, she obviously got it because she is sitting beside me looking at the pictures saying "I not." I am assuming she's telling me that she either isn't supposed to do this, or that she didn't do this again.  Oh well, some things are just easier to laugh off.  Here's a final pic of a very happy and probably full Harley.




2 comments:

Lindsey B said...

This is so funny to me! Y'all have your hands full!!

~Brit said...

Yes, it was quite funny. She's really not a bad child, she's just very smart and is always thinking.